Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

then i remembered i was a songwriter


For once, writing does not come easily today. I have so much to do: several articles, several reviews, a few revisions to a three-thousand word piece on Jersey City. And I desperately wanted to come up with a few new songs for the Courthouse show on the 24th of September. The music came easy, but I wasn't finding the right words. Generally I will write from a topic -- something that moved me or outraged me. I've already written a song about apartment hunting: "44 Lines About 88 Realtors", cut from the Bottles sessions in 1999. I ought to try to do another, and this time I should keep it serious. I have been at this stuff so long that I should be able to coax a little poetry out of any experience I have. Or so I tell myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?