Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

the tours of autumn


Today Jed said that there is a good chance My Teenage Stride will be offered shows in England during the last week of October. I have never played in England, and the prospect excites me -- J and I recently agreed that touring in Europe would be a thousand times more compelling than touring America. Trouble is, if we do get these shows in October, they'll coincide with the weekend during which we're sure to be moving. Do I miss out on the opportunity to rock London because I have to box up my video game collection? Boy, will that make me feel like the sad girl who gets left out of the party.

To make matters worse, (or better, depending on how you look at it), Steve, fresh off of his star turn at AmsterJam, is setting up a New Jack Trippers show at Rothko. This will also be in late October -- probably the 21st or 22nd. How are we going to pack and move when I am out rocking all the time? There is never a good moment to drop everything and devote your life to gathering cardboard boxes and arranging books, but late October feels like a better -- or just warmer -- bet than late November does. I doubt we'll get a month's extension on our occupancy, anyway. It's a good problem to have, I guess, but it's still a problem.

The lease is up on Hallowe'en. I think it's time I had a talk with our landlord.

Comments:
The perfect solution would be to play the shows, and invite me to tape them for you, so you have them archived (Though in all seriousness, I meant to ask you about taping the record release show next month for you).

Plus,for the packing, I'm around if you'd like any help. If nothing else - I think the public wants to hear more about those video games!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?